Grateful Sunday #9
Welcome back to Grateful Sunday, the time for me to reflect on the week that was and remember all of the goodness that happened. I am joining in with Jess from A Little Part of the World who originally started this each Sunday.
I am so tired today. We went out last night to celebrate 2 birthdays – my best friends and mine. I got home at 1am and I can barely keep my eyes open. I have a very short fuse today, the poor kids can’t do anything right and to top it off, hubby is home from work sick with a tummy bug! I took the kids to the park this morning to meet up with another mum from school. Both our boys are quite shy in the classroom so we thought we would have a playdate and allow them some time to get to know each other outside the pressures of the classroom.
I think it was a success! They were both very shy at first but seemed good friends by the end. Hopefully tomorrow at school drop off they will pair up in the classroom.
Today in my tired haze and with my short fuse, its the perfect time to sit and reflect on the past week and remember all the good things that happened.
* School Community – Mr 5’s school held a night for all the new families to meet one another and mingle with a drinks and finger food. It was so much fun. There were some familiar faces and we met some new friends. The empty glasses were constantly being filled by the parish Priest. He was trying to get us all drunk! It was a great night. I am really happy with the school we have gone with.
* Grandparents – We have had to call on the grandparents for babysitting this weekend as we went out both nights (no wonder I am so freaking tired today)
* Work Trips – I am hopping on a plane at 5pm tonight to fly to Sydney for a work training session. We always get spoilt by our bosses on work trips. We get to stay in fancy motels and eat at restaurants with the most spectacular food. Our practice manager certainly knows where the goods are in Sydney.
* Child Free Time – as much as I love the kids, I am looking forward to going on a little overnight trip and getting a break. I do feel a bit guilty now that hubby is home sick.
* Friends – We had a awesome night out last night with all our friends. Lots of drink and lots of laughs.
* Early Birthday Gifts – One of my bestie’s gave me the most perfect gift last night. Its this funky keyring. I love it. Its neon, aztec and funk all blended together! She knows me well this one. Love you babe x
* Late Night Kebabs – Yep, I ate a dirty kebab before coming home last night. I swear it prevents my hangover. And plus there is always some type of entertainment in a kebab shop. Last night didn’t disappoint. One guy had the most horrendous honking laugh I have ever heard.
* Little Love Tales – Mr 5 told me the sweetest little love tale on Friday. I will be sharing it with you this coming week. It’s totally adorable.